Red7 , August 5, 2014
Make your last weekend of singledom unique with these homemade hen party ideas. Grab the glitter, turn the oven up to 180, cover the furniture and prepare to get creative. There’s no better way to give your send off a personal touch.
1. Who says a cake should just be for the wedding?
Wow your hen weekend guests with an impressive ombre cake that will give the wedding cake a run for it’s money. It’s easier than you think to bake a delicious and visually impressive baking masterpiece. Just look at this pink ombre vanilla cake recipe from vogue.co.uk – it’s just itching to be served up at a girly weekend or yummy hens afternoon tea.
2. Make your own hen party costumes. This can be all out fancy dress or fun outfit additions like homemade sashes or badges. We love this cute DIY sash from andsotowed.com.
3. Give every guest a hen night survival kit containing a disposable camera, a taxi number, lip balm, a challenge to complete, baby wipes, party feet, instant fancy dress items like fake moustaches or temporary tattoos, silly sunglasses, breath mints, chocolate and a mini bottle of champers. You can even make your own bags by using fabric paints on pillow cases and tying up with ribbon. We like the name ‘hen party swag bag.’
4. Decorate your hen weekend venue with all things handmade. We’ve found this easy way to make pretty bunting from paper or fabric.
Go as cute or naughty as you like.
You can also make place mats, wine glasses or jars and personalised napkins for the tables.
5. Get creative with your drinks. Every hen do deserves it’s own signature cocktail. Try this pink grapefruit margherita out for size.