Red7 , June 17, 2014
Those in search of a sophisticated hen weekend in the UK need look no further than the culturally cutting edge, fashion forward and effortlessly cool city of Manchester.
Read our Manchester insider’s tips to discover Manchester’s essential experiences, unmissable nightlife and hidden gems for a unique hen weekend in this stylish, buzzing Northern city.
1. Head to Manchester’s Northern Quarter, a unique maze of old side streets and warehouses transformed into an exciting hub of boutiques, trendy bars and restaurants where the cool crowd hang out. The Northern Quarter is an essential stop off on any sophisticated Manchester hen weekend night out.
2. For a designer shopping junkie’s paradise, take a stroll down Manchester’s King Street to find upmarket and designer shops such as Vivienne Westwood, Armani, Harvey Nichols and Selfridges. Finish off a luxury hen weekend shopping day with cocktails in Manchester’s exclusive hang out, Cloud 23, on the 23rd floor of the Hilton Deansgate. This sky bar with incredible cocktails and an even more impressive view is the most talked about bar in Manchester.
3. Check out Manchester’s cultural icon, the Cornerhouse. It’s an arthouse cinema, gallery, cafe and bar patronised by Helen Mirren, Danny Boyle and Damien Hirst. Stop by with the hens for a Bloody Mary over brunch and soak up Manchester’s thriving art scene.
4. Discover one of Manchester’s secret bars for an unforgettable hen weekend experience. Dusk till Pawn is a speakeasy cocktail bar disguised behind a fake pawn shop. Those in the know enter through the shop to find an experimental cocktail bar oozing vintage style.
5. Enjoy lunch in a canalside pub in the Bridgewater area. Rain Bar is a popular spot with a huge terrace overlooking the canal and serving up excellent pub grub to cure a hen-weekend hangover.